Saturday, July 10, 2010

Snickerdoodles


Recipe courtesy of Mary Lynn Driggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup shortening or 1/2 cup shortening 1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
Mix all dry ingredients together in medium bowl. Set aside. Mix shortening, sugar, and eggs together. Add dry ingredients, mix well. Scrap down sides of bowl and make dough "pretty" so it's all touching each other. Cover and chill until easy to handle-about 1 hour. Form dough into little balls. Roll into a sugar and cinnamon mixture (about 2 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon). Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 3x4. Bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Makes 5 dozen.

2 comments:

Calee said...

I have corn on the cob that I haven't boiled yet and would love to try it on the grill, but knowing me I'd burn it not char it. About how long does it take and does it taste smokey?

Katie said...

Like 5-10 minutes total. Key is to make the husks crispy or brown and then turn them over. I don't think that they taste smokey. I actually kind of like them better than boiling them. We've been eating them A LOT!