Friday, April 16, 2010

BBQ Pot Roast Sandwiches


Pot Roast
1/4-1/2 tsp Cardamom
1/4 tsp eachSalt and Pepper
handful mushrooms, sliched
sprinkle with garlic, I used dried sliced
3 fresh basil leaves
BBQ sauce
Shredded Parmesan cheese to garnish
.
Put roast in crock pot, season with cardamom, salt and pepper. Place mushrooms on top of roast, sprinkle garlic in and place basil leaves on top as garnish (but it will also soak in some flavor into the roast). Crock pot for several hours. I put mine in at 9am and by 1pm it was done**but mine was frozen. Remove meat from crock pot and drain juices and extra stuff in sink. I don't like eating mushrooms so I drained mine, along with garlic and basil leaves. If you want to eat the mushrooms in the BBQ then by all means keep them. So now you will cut your roast into slices and then cut each slice into slices, about 1/2 inch pieces. Put cut meat back into crock pot. Add BBQ sauce to meat, as much as desired. I used half of a 16 oz bottle. Reheat meat, or I should say heat up the BBQ sauce. Serve warm over hamburger bun. Top with shredded parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

No comments: